Disaster Recovery Manager – Self-Study
About the course
Why should you take this training course?
Disaster Recovery Manager training provides you with the knowledge you need to assist an organization in implementing, maintaining, and managing an ongoing Disaster Recovery Plan. You will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices in Disaster Recovery during this training course.
Training done in collaboration with
Duration: Can be taken at your own pace.
Day 1: Introduction to Disaster Recovery and initiation of a DR Plan
- Course objectives and structure
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Initiating a Disaster Recovery Plan
- Disaster Recovery planning
- Risk assessment
- Business Impact Analysis
- Protection and mitigation measures
Day 2 Risk Mitigation Strategies and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Risk mitigation strategy development
- Backup and recovery considerations
- Disaster Recovery plan development
- IT recovery plan
- Recovery facilities
Day 3 Disaster Recovery Outsourced services, Response and Activation, Training and Testing and Certification Exam
- Outsourced services
- Response and activation
- Training and education
- Performance measurement
- Continual improvement
- Certification scheme
- Closing the training
Certification Exam (2 Hours)
The “PECB Certified Disaster Recovery Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1 Fundamental principles and concepts of a Disaster Recovery Plan
- Domain 2 Disaster Recovery plan development
- Domain 3 Recovery facilities and outsourced services capability
- Domain 4 Testing and Maintenance of a disaster recovery plan
Duration: Up to 6 months
Starts: Upon Registration
Ends: After Examination
By the end of the training course, delegates will be able to:
- Acknowledge the correlation between Disaster Recovery and other standards, regulatory frameworks and IT areas.
- Understand the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of a Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Learn how to interpret the ICT Disaster Recovery strategies in the specific context of an organisation.
- Develop the expertise to support an organisation to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain Disaster Recovery services based on best practices.
You'll be signed up to our PECB platform KATE where you will have access to all training procedures.
- Certification fees are included on the exam price.
- Training material containing over 350 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 21 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free.
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the implementation and management of a DR plan.
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies.
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions.
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Prerequisites
A fundamental understanding of Disaster Recovery Services and comprehensive knowledge of management principles.
Who should attend?
- Disaster Recovery professionals seeking to gain a comprehensive knowledge of Disaster Recovery best practices
- Individuals responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of a Disaster Recovery plan in an organisation
- Disaster Recovery team members
How do I maintain my Certification?
PECB certifications last three years. PECB certified professionals must meet the following requirements in order to maintain their certification:
- CPDs must be submitted to PECB.
- Annual Maintenance is payable to PECB.
- Follow the PECB Code of Ethics.