ISO 22000 Lead Auditor – Self-Study
About the course
Why should you take this training course?
The ever-increasing popularity of food safety, as one of the key aspects of the food industry, has boosted demands from organizations to get certified against ISO 22000. Such certification demonstrates commitment from organizations toward the wellbeing of their consumers and provides sustainability in the market. A PECB auditor credential is a formal and independent recognition of your personal competences. It proves that you are qualified to conduct food safety management system (FSMS) audits for a certification body.
This training course has been developed to reflect the importance of an effective audit. It strengthens your knowledge and skills to plan and carry out an FSMS audit in compliance with the guidelines for auditing management systems provided in ISO 19011 and the certification process presented in ISO/IEC 17021-1.
Through practical exercises, interactive sessions, and discussions, you will be able to gain knowledge on the FSMS and audit techniques. You will also be able to perform an FSMS audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures, and techniques, as well as be able to manage an audit team.
After attending the training course, you can take the exam. If you pass, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Auditor” credential. An internationally recognized “PECB ISO 22000 Lead Auditor” certificate validates your professional capabilities and competences to audit organizations based on the requirements of ISO 22000 and auditing best practices.
The main requirements for participating in this training course are: a fundamental understanding of food safety concepts and a comprehensive knowledge of FSMS audit principles.
Training done in collaboration with
Duration: Can be taken at your own pace.
Day 1: Introduction to the Food Safety Management System (FSMS) and ISO 22000
- Training course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Certification process
- Fundamental concepts and principles of Food Safety Management
- Foo Safety Management System
Day 2 Audit principles and the preparation for and initiation of an audit
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- The impact of trends and technology in auditing
- Evidence-based auditing
- Risk-based auditing
- Initiation of the audit process
- Stage 1 audit
Day 3 On-site audit activities
- Preparing for stage 2 audit
- Stage 2 audit
- Communication during the audit
- Audit procedures
- Creating audit test plans
Day 4 Closing of the audit
- Drafting audit findings and nonconformity reports
- Audit documentation and quality review
- Closing of the audit
- Evaluation of action plans by the auditor
- Beyond the initial audit
- Managing an internal audit program
- Closing of the training course
Day 5 Certification Exam
Duration: Up to 6 months
Starts: Upon Registration
Ends: After Examination
You'll be signed up to our PECB platform KATE where you will have access to all training procedures.
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I retake an exam?
In case of exam failure, the candidate can retake the exam once for free within 12 months following the initial exam date.
What audit practices are considered valid audit activities?
- Planning an audit
- Managing an audit program
- Drafting audit reports
- Drafting nonconformity reports
- Conducting documented information review
- Carrying out on-site audit activities
- Following up on nonconformities
- Leading an audit team
ISO 22000 Lead Auditor – Self-Study
Acquire the necessary competencies to audit Food Safety Management Systems against the requirements of ISO 22000 based on the guidelines and requirements for auditing management systems provided in ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1.
Self-Study Course: €900 + VAT