ISO 22301 Lead Auditor – Self-Study
About the course
Why should you take this training course?
Given the increasing number of disruptions and the unpredictability of disasters of any kind (natural, occupational, information security), organizations nowadays are aiming at getting certified against ISO 22301 in order to show commitment toward business continuity and ensure that disruptive incidents are detected and properly addressed, thus the management system is continually improved. By becoming a PECB certified auditor, you will achieve a formal and independent recognition of your personal competences, and you qualify yourself to conduct BCMS audits for a certification body.
Recognizing the importance of an effective audit and the means used to successfully conduct it, PECB has designed the ISO 22301 Lead Auditor training course. Attending this training course allows you to obtain the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and the certification process according to ISO/IEC 17021-1.
Through interactive sessions, explanatory information, exercises, and questions for discussion, you will be able to acquire knowledge on the business continuity management system as well as audit techniques and become competent to perform a BCMS audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures, and techniques, and to manage an audit program and an audit team.
Training done in collaboration with
Duration: Can be taken at your own pace.
Day 1: Introduction to business continuity management system (BCMS) and ISO 22301
- Training course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Certification process
- Fundamental principles of business continuity
- Business continuity management system (BCMS)
Day 2 Audit principles, preparation and initiation of an audit
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- The impact of trends and technology in auditing
- Evidence-based auditing
- Risk-based auditing
- Audit feasibility
- Stage 1 audit
Day 3 On-site audit activities
- Preparing for stage 2 audit (on-site audit)
- Stage 2 audit
- Communication during the audit
- Audit procedures
- Creating audit test plans
Day 4 Closing of the audit
- Drafting audit findings and nonconformity reports
- Audit documentation and quality review
- Closing of the audit
- Evaluation of action plans by the auditor
- Beyond the initial audit
- Managing an internal audit program
- Closing of the training course
Day 5 Certification Exam (3-hours)
The “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor” exam complies with the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP) requirements. The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a business continuity management system (BCMS)
Domain 2: Business continuity management system (BCMS)
Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparing an ISO 22301 audit
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 22301 audit
Domain 6: Closing an ISO 22301 audit
Domain 7: Managing an ISO 22301 audit program
Duration: Up to 6 months
Starts: Upon Registration
Ends: After Examination
Available Platforms: Self-Paced / eLearning (Please specify your preference when you register)
You'll be signed up to our PECB platform KATE where you will have access to all training procedures.
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free
- Explain the fundamental concepts and principles of a business continuity management system (BCMS) based on ISO 22301
- Interpret the ISO 22301 requirements for a BCMS from the perspective of an auditor
- Evaluate the BCMS conformity to ISO 22301 requirements, in accordance with the fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 22301 in the context of a BCMS audit
- Plan, conduct, and close an ISO 22301 compliance audit, in accordance with ISO/IEC 17021-1 requirements, ISO 19011 guidelines, and other best practices of auditing
- Manage an ISO 22301 audit program
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the prerequisites?
Participants who attend this training course are required to have a fundamental understanding of business continuity concepts and a comprehensive knowledge of BCMS audit principles.
Can I retake an exam?
In case of exam failure, the candidate can retake the exam once for free within 12 months following the initial exam date.
Which Audit Activities are Considered Valid Experience?
- Planning an audit
- Managing an audit program
- Drafting audit reports
- Drafting nonconformity reports
- Drafting audit working documents
- Documented information review
- On-site audit
- Following up on nonconformities
- Leading an audit team
ISO 22301 Lead Auditor – Self-Study
Master the Audit of Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS) based on ISO 22301
Self-Study Course: €900 + VAT