ISO 22301 Lead Implementer – Self-Study
About the course
Why should you take this training course?
No two disasters in the world cause equal damage. Between the unpredictability of natural disasters, information security breaches, and incidents of different nature, preparedness can make you stand out in the crowd and predict the future of your business. In light of this, proper planning is essential to mitigating risks, avoiding consequences, coping with the negative effects of disasters and incidents, but at the same time, continuing your daily operations so that customer needs do not remain unfulfilled.
Organizations can make progress towards understanding and managing disasters, incidents, and risks by having a BCMS based on ISO 22301 in place. Therefore, PECB has designed this training course to prepare its participants implement a business continuity management system (BCMS) in compliance with the requirements of ISO 22301. Attending this training course allows you to gain a comprehensive understanding of the best practices of the business continuity management system and to be able to establish a framework that allows the organization to continue operating efficiently during disruptive events.
Training done in collaboration with
Duration: Can be taken at your own pace.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO 22301 and initiation of a BCMS
- Training course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Business continuity management system
- Fundamental business continuity principles and concepts
- Initiation of the BCMS implementation
- The organization and its context
- BCMS scope
Day 2 implementation Plan of the BCMS
- Leadership and commitment
- Business continuity policy
- Risks, opportunities, and business continuity objectives
- Support for the BCMS
- Business impact analysis
Day 3 Implementation of a BCMS
- Risk assessment
- Business continuity strategies and solutions
- Business continuity plans and procedures
- Incident response and emergency response
- Crisis management
Day 4 BCMS monitoring, continuous improvement and preparation for a certification audit
- Exercise programs
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis, and evaluation
- Internal audit
- Management review
- Treatment of nonconformities
- Continual improvement
- Preparing for the certification audit
- Certification process and closing of the training course
Day 5 Certification Exam (3 Hours)
The “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer” exam complies with the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP)
requirements. The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1 Fundamental business continuity principles and concepts
- Domain 2 Business continuity management system (BCMS) requirements
- Domain 3 Planning a BCMS implementation based on ISO 22301
- Domain 4 Implementing a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 5 Performance evaluation and monitoring and measurement of a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 6 Continual improvement of a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 7 Preparing for a BCMS certification audit
Duration: Up to 6 months
Starts: Upon Registration
Platform Options: Self-Paced or eLearning (please specify your preference when you register)
Ends: After Examination
You'll be signed up to our PECB platform KATE where you will have access to all training procedures.
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 400 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Prerequisites
Participants who attend this training course are required to have a fundamental understanding of business continuity concepts and comprehensive knowledge of BCMS implementation principles.
Who should attend?
- Project managers and consultants involved in business continuity
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of the business continuity management system
- Individuals responsible to maintain conformity with BCMS requirements within an organization
- Members of the BCMS team
How do I maintain my Certification?
PECB certifications last three years. PECB certified professionals must meet the following requirements in order to maintain their certification:
- CPDs must be submitted to PECB.
- Annual Maintenance is payable to PECB.
- Follow the PECB Code of Ethics.
Why is this Course more Desirable than others?
PECB ISO 22301 Lead Implementer training course is the result of extensive research, deliberation, and cooperation between PECB’s course developers and international experts in the field of business continuity.
What will this Certificate allow you to do?
Due to the continuously evolving risk landscape, the demand for business continuity professionals continues to grow. As such, the ISO 22301 certification has become the norm for best-practice in business continuity. By taking a certification, you showcase a certain skill level which will display added value not only to your professional career but to your organization as well. This can help you stand out from the crowd and increase your earning potential.