ISO 31000 Foundation – Self-Study
About the course
Why should you take this training course?
The ISO 31000 Foundation training course teaches the fundamental principles and approaches to risk and opportunity management based on ISO 31000 guidelines. This training course focuses on the following ISO 31000 components: basic terms and definitions, risk management principles, risk management framework, and risk management process. Every step of the risk management process is individually analysed and elaborated upon. It also covers the fundamental approaches, methods, and practices for assessing risk in a variety of situations.
Training done in collaboration with
Duration: You can take this course at your own pace.
Day 1: Introduction to risk management, ISO 31000 components, and initiation of the risk management process
Day 2: Risk assessment, risk treatment, recording and reporting, monitoring and review, and communication and consultation according to ISO 31000
Certification Exam (1 Hour)
The exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). It covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1 Fundamental principles and concepts of risk management.
- Domain 2 Risk management framework and risk management process.
A candidate must first complete the PECB ISO 31000 Foundation training course. Then they must take the exam. If they pass, they will be able to apply for the "PECB Certificate Holder in ISO 31000 Foundation" certificate. This is an entry-level credential.
Duration: Up to 6 months
Starts: Upon Registration
Ends: After Examination
You'll be signed up to our PECB platform KATE where you will have access to all training procedures.
- Certification fees are included on the exam price.
- Training material containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed.
- A participation certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free.
The training course is participant centered and contains:
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with graphics, examples, and discussions.
- Interactions between participants by means of questions and suggestions.
- Quizzes with similar structure to the exam.
Upon successful completion of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Summarize the main concepts and principles of risk management as articulated in ISO 31000.
- Explain the ISO 31000 guidelines for establishing the risk management framework.
- Describe the application of the risk management process in accordance with ISO 31000 guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Prerequisites
Who should attend?
- Risk management professionals.
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the ISO 31000 guidelines for risk management principles, framework, and process.
- Individuals responsible for the creation and protection of value in an organization.
- Personnel tasked with managing the risks and opportunities in their area of responsibility.
- Individuals interested to pursue a career as a risk manager.