ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager – Self-Study
About the course
Why should you take this training course?
The ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager training course assists participants in developing the competencies necessary to assist an organisation in creating and protecting value by managing risks, making decisions, and improving performance in accordance with ISO 31000 guidelines.
It provides information regarding the core elements and the effective implementation of a risk management framework, the application of the risk management process, and the actions necessary for the successful integration of these elements to meet organisational objectives. Furthermore, it provides guidance on the selection and application of techniques for assessing risks in a wide range of situations.
Training done in collaboration with
Duration: Can be taken at your own pace.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO 31000 and risk management
- Training course objectives and structure
- Introduction to ISO 31000 concepts
- ISO 31000 principles
- ISO 31000 framework and process
Day 2 Establishing the risk management framework and initiating the risk management process
- Establishing the framework and defining the governance
- Scope, context, and risk criteria
- Risk identification
Day 3 Risk analysis, risk evaluation, and risk treatment according to ISO 31000
- Risk analysis
- Risk evaluation
- Risk treatment
Day 4 Recording and reporting, monitoring and review, and communication and consultation according to ISO 31000
- Recording and reporting
- Monitoring and review
- Communication and consultation
- Closing of the training course
Day 5 Certification Exam (3 Hours)
The “PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager” exam complies with the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1 Fundamental principles and concepts of risk management
- Domain 2 Establishing the risk management framework
- Domain 3 Initiating the risk management process and assessing risks
- Domain 4 Risk treatment
- Domain 5 Risk recording and reporting
- Domain 6 Risk monitoring and review
- Domain 7 Risk communication and consultation
Duration: Up to 6 months
Starts: Upon Registration
Ends: After Examination
You'll be signed up to our PECB platform KATE where you will have access to all training procedures.
- Certification fees are included on the exam price.
- Training material containing over 400 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free.
- The training course is based on theory and best practices used in risk management.
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical examples and scenarios.
- Participants are encouraged to communicate and engage in discussions and exercises.
- The exercises are similar in structure with the certification exam questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Prerequisites
A fundamental understanding of the risk management framework, process, and principles.
Who should attend?
- Risk directors, managers, officers.
- Individuals responsible for the creation and protection of value in organisations.
- Top management members who seek guidance on how risk management should be integrated at a strategic level.
- Individuals responsible for risk management processes.
- Individuals interested in risk management.
How do I maintain my Certification?
PECB certifications last three years. PECB certified professionals must meet the following requirements in order to maintain their certification:
- CPDs must be submitted to PECB.
- Annual Maintenance is payable to PECB.
- Follow the PECB Code of Ethics.
ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager – Self-Study
Obtain the necessary competencies to guide and support organizations establish a risk management framework based on ISO 31000 and other best practices and recommendations for risk management
Self-Study Course: €900 + VAT