To gain maximum benefit from this course attendees should already be familiar with the content and structure of the OHSAS 18001 standard.
This course offers the most effective way to equip attendees with the enhanced skills and knowledge to audit against this new standard and understand the impact on OHSAS 18001 certified organisations. Learn about the potential benefits of using ISO 45001 to integrate with other business systems including quality and environment. Delegates will also find the interactive nature of the course, it’s challenging content and extensive use of team-based exercises, stimulating and enjoyable.
- The high-level structure for management systems based on Annex SL and how this affects auditing
- The new requirements for understanding the organisation and its context and how they may be audited
- The new and enhanced requirements for leadership and worker participation and how they may be audited
- Risk-based thinking in an OHSMS and how this extends to requirements for risks and opportunities and how they may be audited
- The changes from a procedural approach to a process approach and how they may be audited
- How to adapt your auditing technique to accommodate the new and amended requirements in ISO 45001:2018
- Migration time frames for ISO 45001 and their impact on existing OHSAS 18001 certified organisations
What are the Benefits?
This course offers the most effective way to equip existing OHS auditors with the skills and knowledge to audit against this new standard. On successful completion of this course, participants will understand:
- The intent and requirements of ISO 45001:2018
- The similarities and differences between the OHSAS 18001:2007 and ISO 45001:2018
- The proposed implementation time frame for ISO 45001:2018 and its impact on OHSAS 18001 certified organisations
Delegates successfully completing the course, including examination, will be awarded an IRCA registered certificate.