Those attending this course are expected to have knowledge of the following:
- Occupational health & safety management principles and concepts:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The purpose and benefits of an OH&S management system
- A basic knowledge of managing OH&S through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal and other requirements
- A basic awareness of common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements
- Commonly used OH&S terms and definitions as given in ISO 45001
To develop delegates’ understanding of the principles of Health and Safety Management, requirements of ISO 45001:2018, and teach the theoretical and practical skills required to plan, execute and report health and safety management systems audits
- OHSMS Fundamentals
- OHSMS Concepts
- Overview of Auditing an OHSMS
- Auditing Clauses 4-10 of ISO 45001:2018
- ISO 19011 and Auditing
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Performing the Audit
- Reporting Audit Outcome
What are the Benefits?
The course is designed not only to help people perform effective and value-adding audits, but also to develop delegates wider understanding of the ISO 45001 health and safety management systems design and implementation. Successful completion of the course and the achievement of the 70% pass mark will satisfy the formal training requirements for those wishing to register as auditors or lead auditors under the CQI and IRCA Certified training scheme.
Delegates successfully completing the course, including examination, will be awarded an IRCA registered certificate.