Digital Transformation Officer – Self-Study
About the course
Why should you take this training course?
Although digital transformation enables organisations to improve customer experience, improve business performance, and increase efficiency, it is not without challenges. Implementation requires, among other things, competent individuals, the necessary resources. These include complex software and technology, organisational structure changes, and the implementation of change management and digital transformation strategies. Organisations require a Certified Digital Transformation Officer to address and manage these issues effectively (CDTO).
This course provides insightful information that will assist participants in gaining a comprehensive understanding of digital transformation and the steps required to digitally transform a business model. It also has a thorough explanation and discussion of digital transformation methodologies and approaches. Participants will also learn about some of the most popular technologies, such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, IoT, blockchain, cloud computing, and big data.
Training done in collaboration with
Duration: Can be taken at your own pace.
Day 1: Introduction to digital transformation
- Training course objectives and structure
- Introduction to digital transformation
- Digital ecosystems
- Digital business models
- Artificial intelligence, machine learning, IoT, and blockchain
Day 2 Digital transformation technologies, approaches, and methodologies and planning of the digital transformation strategy
- Cloud computing and big data
- Digital transformation approaches and methodologies
- Digital asset management
- Planning the digital transformation strategy
- Analyzing the current situation
Day 3 Management of digital transformation risks and implementation of the digital transformation strategy
- Digital transformation risk identification
- Digital transformation risk analysis, evaluation, and treatment
- Designing and implementing the digital transformation strategy
Day 4 Communication and monitoring of the digital transformation strategy
- Measuring and monitoring the digital transformation strategy
- Culture change and communication of the digital transformation strategy
- Digital transformation across industries
- Closing of the training course
Day 5 Certification Exam (3 Hours)
The “PECB Certified Digital Transformation Officer” exam meets all the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). It covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1 Fundamental concepts of digital transformation
- Domain 2 Digital transformation technologies and methodologies
- Domain 3 Planning the digital transformation strategy
- Domain 4 Establishing and implementing the digital transformation strategy
- Domain 5 Monitoring the digital transformation strategy
Duration: Up to 6 months
Starts: Upon Registration
Ends: After Examination
By the end of the training course, delegates will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental concepts of digital transformation and digital transformation technologies, including artificial intelligence, cloud computing, big data, machine learning, IoT, and blockchain.
- Adopt the approaches and methodologies used for the implementation of digital transformation strategies in an organisation.
- Support an organisation in effectively designing, implementing, monitoring, and improving a digital transformation strategy.
- Monitor and measure the outcomes of the digital transformation strategy.
- Explain and apply the approaches and techniques used to establish a digital culture and communicate the digital transformation strategy.
You'll be signed up to our PECB platform KATE where you will have access to all training procedures.
- Certification fees are included on the exam price.
- Training material containing over 400 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free.
- The training course provides both theoretical concepts and practical examples regarding digital transformation that will help participants to understand the implementation of digital transformation strategies and technologies.
- The training course contains essay-type exercises and multiple-choice quizzes, some of which are scenario-based.
- The participants are encouraged to interact with one another and engage in meaningful discussions when completing the quizzes and exercises.
- The structure of quizzes is similar to that of the certification exam.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Prerequisites
The main requirements for participating in this training course are having a fundamental understanding of information technology concepts and general knowledge of digital transformation.
Who should attend?
- Managers and leaders seeking to thrive in the digital economy.
- Individuals responsible for transforming the organisation’s operations through digital technologies.
- IT professionals or consultants seeking to enhance their knowledge on digital design and strategy to support the organisation’s digital transformation initiatives.
- C-suite executives in digital, information, marketing, and IT roles seeking to understand how digital technologies can be used to transform business processes.
How do I maintain my Certification?
PECB certifications last three years. PECB certified professionals must meet the following requirements in order to maintain their certification:
- CPDs must be submitted to PECB.
- Annual Maintenance is payable to PECB.
- Follow the PECB Code of Ethics.