This course is ideal for anyone who wants to understand how security attacks happen and how to protect oneself and the organisation against them. It will help all employees, at any level, to understand and recognise attacks, leading to lower chances of a successful attack compromising the organisation’s data and systems.
This course will help the participant understand why information security is fundamental to a healthy company. The course will go into detail about how and why security incidents happen and how to protect yourself, and the organisation against them. The course focuses on answering simple, but important questions about information security and what one can do to counter the most common threats.
Questions answered in this short course include:
- What is Information Security?
- What is a security incident?
- Why do security incidents happen?
- Who are the attackers?
- How are security attacks done?
- How do I protect my data and identity?
- What is Social Engineering and why should I care?
- How do I notice a security attack?
- What should I do if I notice an ongoing security attack?
- How can I stay secure and stop becoming a victim?
A number of case studies will also be discussed during the course to help attendees understand the implications of each threat and how they relate to real-life scenarios.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Through lack of knowledge of security best practices, humans are frequently the leading cause of a security incident. This course will effectively turn the organisation’s biggest security risk, the human element, into an effective early-warning system as employees will more frequently report the security incidents before they have a chance of compromising the company.
Delegates successfully completing the course will receive a Certificate of Attendance.