ISO/IEC 27001 Transition – Self-Study
About the course
The new version of ISO/IEC 27001 has been recently published and is now aligned with the new version of ISO/IEC 27002, which was published in February, 2022. The major changes between ISO/IEC 27001:2022 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 are noticed in the information security controls of Annex A, whereas a few other minor changes are present in the clauses of the standard too. Furthermore, the title of ISO/IEC 27001:2022 differs from the title of ISO/IEC 27001:2013, as now the standard is titled Information security, cybersecurity and privacy protection — Information security management systems — Requirements.
The “PECB ISO/IEC 27001 Transition” training course provides detailed information on the revised clauses, the new terminology, and the differences in the controls of Annex A. Additionally, this training course provides participants with the necessary knowledge to support organizations in planning and implementing the changes in their ISMS to ensure conformity with ISO/IEC 27001:2022. As such, you will be able to participate in projects to transition from an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001:2013 to an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001:2022.
Training done in collaboration with
Who should attend this training course?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Information Security Management System (ISMS) certification audits.
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an Information Security Management System audit process.
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with Information Security Management System requirements.
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Information Security Management System audit.
- Expert advisors in Information Security Management.
Day 1 Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001:2022 and comparison to ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- Training course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Overview of the changes between ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and ISO/IEC 27001:2022
- Changes in clauses 4 to 10 of ISO/IEC 27001
Day 2 Comparison between Annex A controls of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and ISO/IEC 27001:2022
- Annex A — Organizational controls
- Annex A — People controls
- Annex A — Physical controls
- Annex A — Technological controls
- Closing of the training course
The 1-hour “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Transition” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). It covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1 Differences between main clauses of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and ISO/IEC 27001:2022
- Domain 2 Differences between Annex A controls of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and ISO/IEC 27001:2022
Frequently Asked Questions
This course is completed entirely online and is held in collaboration with PECB.
If you want to take a training course at your own pace and in a location of your choosing, you can do so through self-study, where all you need is access to the training course materials. You can begin whenever you choose and have up to 6 months to complete the course. Participants will be provided with training course materials containing over 120 pages of information, practical examples, and quizzes.
One of the primary benefits of our self-study training course delivery format is that you can control and direct your own learning. This format is appropriate for participants who have extensive knowledge of the subject and do not require assistance with lecturing.
Irrespective of the format of the training course, all participants will have digital access to the course material via KATE. You can take the exam from anywhere in the world after completing the training. Those who pass the exam will then be invited to apply for certification.
You will be provided notes and training material and you can study at your own pace and in your own time.
This format is feasible for participants who have a considerable knowledge on the subject and do not require assisted lecturing. With this format, you can take control of your own learning and direct your own studying.
ISO/IEC 27001 Transition – Self-Study
Become acquainted with the differences between ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and ISO/IEC 27001:2022
Course Price: €450 (Exc. Vat)