ISO/IEC 27001 Transition
About the course
The new version of ISO/IEC 27001 has been recently published and is now aligned with the new version of ISO/IEC 27002, which was published in February 2022. The major changes between ISO/IEC 27001:2022 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 are noticed in the information security controls of Annex A, whereas a few other minor changes are present in the clauses of the standard too. Furthermore, the title of ISO/IEC 27001:2022 differs from the title of ISO/IEC 27001:2013, as now the standard is titled Information security, cybersecurity and privacy protection — Information security management systems — Requirements.
The “PECB ISO/IEC 27001 Transition” training course provides detailed information on the revised clauses, the new terminology, and the differences in the controls of Annex A. Additionally, this training course provides participants with the necessary knowledge to support organizations in planning and implementing the changes in their ISMS to ensure conformity with ISO/IEC 27001:2022. As such, you will be able to participate in projects to transition from an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001:2013 to an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001:2022.
NOTE: Current course price of €840 (Exc. Vat) will increase to €900 (Exc. Vat) in July 2023
16:00 till 20:00
Live Online Web Platform
Ensure that you have access to headphones and a microphone so as to fully participate in the sessions.
Session 1 & 2 Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001:2022 and comparison to ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- Training course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Overview of the changes between ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and ISO/IEC 27001:2022
- Changes in clauses 4 to 10 of ISO/IEC 27001
Session 3 & 4 Comparison between Annex A controls of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and ISO/IEC 27001:2022
- Annex A — Organizational controls
- Annex A — People controls
- Annex A — Physical controls
- Annex A — Technological controls
- Closing of the training course
The 1-hour “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Transition” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification
Program (ECP). It covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1 Differences between main clauses of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and ISO/IEC 27001:2022
- Domain 2 Differences between Annex A controls of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and ISO/IEC 27001:2022
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend this training course?
- Individuals seeking to remain up-to-date with ISO/IEC 27001 requirements for an ISMS
- Individuals seeking to understand the differences between ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and ISO/IEC 27001:2022 requirements
- Individuals responsible for transitioning an ISMS from ISO/IEC 27001:2013 to ISO/IEC 27001:2022
- Managers, trainers, and consultants involved in maintaining an ISMS
- Professionals wishing to update their ISO/IEC 27001 certificates