This course satisfies the training requirements for those who wish to register as an ISMS Lead Auditor with the PECB. It is also essential for anyone involved managing information and with a responsibility to design, implement and manage an ISMS management system that meets the requirements of ISO 27001:2013. Other people who have found this course useful in the past have been internal ISMS auditors who have been looking to enhance their auditing knowledge and skills, and those looking to achieve formal recognition for the skills and knowledge that they possess.
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27001 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
Two years of work experience in Information Security Management.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, methods, and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an ISMS
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002, and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the operation of an information security management system and its processes based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Learn how to interpret and implement the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in the specific context of an organization
- Acquire the necessary knowledge to support an organization in effectively planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and maintaining an ISMS
- Fundamental principles and concepts of Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Preparation of an ISO/IEC 27001 audit
- Conducting an ISO/IEC 27001 audit
- Closing an ISO/IEC 27001 audit
- Managing an ISO/IEC 27001 audit program
- Practical exercises and feedback.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
The course is designed not only to help people perform capable and value-adding quality audits, but also to develop delegates’ wider understanding of quality management systems design and implementation. In particular it will help delegates get to grips with those issues of ever-increasing importance, such as customer satisfaction, continual improvement and the management of processes. It will help delegates understand how these critical issues can be embedded into the quality management system of an organisation. Successful completion of the course and passing the exam with a pass mark of 70% will satisfy the formal training requirements for those wishing to register as an auditor, lead auditor or principal auditor with PECB under the ISMS scheme.
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP).
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO/IEC 27001 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.