ISO/IEC 27002 Foundation – Self-Study
About the course
Why should you take this training course?
ISO/IEC 27002 Foundation training teaches you the fundamentals of implementing ISO/IEC 27002 Information Security Controls. You will be able to understand how ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27002 are related to ISO/IEC 27003 (Guidelines for ISMS implementation), ISO/IEC 27004 (Measurement of Information Security Performance), and ISO/IEC 27005 during this training course (Risk Management in Information Security).
Training done in collaboration with
Duration: You can take this course at your own pace.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO/IEC 27002 and Information Security Management System
Day 2: ISO/IEC 27002 Controls and Certification Exam
Certification Exam (1 Hour)
The exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). It covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Information Security Management.
- Domain 2: Information Security Controls based on ISO/IEC 27002.
Duration: Up to 6 months
Starts: Upon Registration
Ends: After Examination
You'll be signed up to our PECB platform KATE where you will have access to all training procedures.
- Certification fees are included on the exam price.
- Training material containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed.
- A participation certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free.
- Understand the implementation of Information Security Controls in accordance with ISO/IEC 27002.
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks.
- Understand the approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation of Information Security Controls.
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples.
- Practical exercises include examples and discussions.
- Practice tests are similar to the Certificate Exam.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Prerequisites
Who should attend?
- Individuals interested in Information Security Management and Information Security Controls.
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the main processes of an Information Security.
- Management System and Information Security Controls.
- Individuals interested to pursue a career in Information Security Management.