ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager – Self-Study
About the course
Why should you take this training course?
The ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager training provides valuable information on risk management concepts and principles outlined by ISO/IEC 27005 and ISO 31000.
The course provides participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to identify, evaluate, analyse, treat, and communicate risks based on ISO/IEC 27005. It also provides an overview of other best risk assessment methods, such as:
- CRAMM; and
- Harmonized TRA.
Training done in collaboration with
Duration: Can be taken at your own pace.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO/IEC 27005 and risk management
- Training course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Fundamental concepts and principles of information security risk management
- Risk management program
- Context establishment
Day 2 Risk assessment, treatment, acceptance, and risk communication and consultation based on ISO/IEC 27005
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis
- Risk evaluation
- Risk treatment
- Information security risk acceptance
- Information security risk communication and consultation
Day 3 Risk monitoring, review, and risk assessment methods
- Information security risk monitoring and review
- OCTAVE and MEHARI methodologies
- EBIOS method
- NIST framework
- CRAMM and TRA methods
- Closing of the training course
Certification Exam (2 Hours)
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager” exam meets all the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). It covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1 Fundamental principles and concepts of information security risk management.
- Domain 2 Implementation of an information security risk management program.
- Domain 3 Information security risk management framework and processes based on ISO/IEC 27005.
- Domain 4 Other information security risk assessment methods.
For tips on how to pass the ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager exam, click this link.
Duration: Up to 6 months
Starts: Upon Registration
Ends: After Examination
You'll be signed up to our PECB platform KATE where you will have access to all training procedures.
- Certification fees are included on the exam price.
- Training material containing over 350 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 21 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free.
By successfully completing this training course, you will be able to:
- The training course is based on the theory and the best practices of information security.
- The training course provides practical examples and scenarios.
- Participants are encouraged to actively participate and engage in discussions and exercises and quizzes.
- Quizzes are similar in structure with the certification exam.
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the implementation and management of information security controls.
- Participants are encouraged to communicate and discuss with each other while partaking in exercises and quizzes.
- The structure of quizzes is similar to that of the certification exam.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants involved in or responsible for information security in an organisation.
- Individuals responsible for managing information security risks.
- Members of information security teams, IT professionals, and privacy officers.
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformity with the information security requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in an organisation.
- Project managers, consultants, or expert advisers seeking to master the management of information security risks.
How do I maintain my Certification?
PECB certifications last three years. PECB certified professionals must meet the following requirements in order to maintain their certification:
- CPDs must be submitted to PECB.
- Annual Maintenance is payable to PECB.
- Follow the PECB Code of Ethics.
ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager – Self-Study
Master the Information Security Risk Management process based on ISO/IEC 27005 and other risk assessment methods
Self-Study Course: €500 + VAT