ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Self-Study
About the course
If you want to take a training course at your own pace and in a location of your choosing, you can do so through self-study, where all you need is access to the training course materials.
One of the primary benefits of our self-study training course delivery format is that you can control and direct your own learning. This format is appropriate for participants who have extensive knowledge of the subject and do not require assistance with lecturing.
Irrespective of the format of the training course, all participants will have digital access to the course material via KATE. You can take the exam from anywhere in the world after completing the training. Those who pass the exam will then be invited to apply for certification.
Training done in collaboration with
Duration: 5 days
Day 1 Introduction to Quality Management Systems (QMS) and ISO 9001
- Course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Certification process
- Fundamental concepts and principles of quality
- Quality Management System (QMS)
Day 2 Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Audit approach based on evidence and risk
- Initiating the audit
- Stage 1 audit
- Preparing the stage 2 audit (on-site audit)
Day 3 On-site audit activities
- Stage 2 audit
- Communication during the audit
- Audit procedures
- Creating audit test plans
- Drafting audit findings and nonconformity reports
Day 4 Closing the audit
- Audit documentation and quality review
- Closing the audit
- Evaluation of action plans by the auditor
- Beyond the initial audit
- Managing an internal audit program
- Competence, evaluation and closing the training
Day 5 Certification exam
- Understand the operations of a Quality Management System (QMS) based on ISO 9001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 9001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 9001 in the context of a QMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
Quality management systems as outlined in ISO 9001 add value to organizations, regardless of the size or industry. Implementing, auditing, and improving a QMS has significant benefits for an organization.
The ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform a quality management system (QMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and the certification process according to ISO/IEC 17021-1.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master the audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After gaining the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can take the exam and apply for the "PECB Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor" credential. Holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate demonstrates that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Quality Management System (QMS) certification audits.
- Managers or consultants seeking to master a Quality Management System audit process.
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with QMS requirements.
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for a Quality Management System audit.
- Expert advisors in Quality Management.
This course is completed entirely online.
You can begin whenever you choose and have up to 6 months to complete the course.
This course is held in collaboration with PECB.
You will be provided notes and training material and you can study at your own pace and in your own time.
ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Self-Study
Master the Audit of Quality Management Systems (QMS) based on ISO 9001
Course Price: €900 (Exc. Vat)