ISO 31000 Risk Manager – Self-Study
About the course
Why should you take this training course?
Risks can come from a variety of sources and take many forms. Almost every strategic decision made within an organisation is accompanied by risks that the organisation must recognize and address. Because there is virtually no growth without taking risks, risk management should be an integral part of every organisation’s processes.
The ISO 31000 Risk Manager training course provides participants with the knowledge and skills needed to implement ISO 31000 risk management guidelines in an organisation. It discusses risk management principles and their application, as well as the core elements of the risk management framework and risk management process steps. Furthermore, it covers the fundamental approaches, methods, and practices for assessing risk in a variety of situations.
Training done in collaboration with
Duration: Can be taken at your own pace.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO 31000 and risk management and establishing the risk management framework
- Training course objectives and structure
- Introduction to ISO 31000 concepts
- ISO 31000 principles, framework, and process
- Establishing the framework and defining the governances
Day 2 Initiation of the risk management process and risk assessment based on ISO 31000
- Scope, context, and risk criteria
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis
- Risk evaluation
Day 3 Risk treatment, recording and reporting, monitoring and review, and communication and consultation according to ISO 31000
- Risk treatment
- Recording and reporting
- Monitoring and review
- Communication and consultation
- Closing of the training course
Certification Exam (2 Hours)
The “PECB Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager” exam complies with the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification
Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1 Fundamental principles and concepts of risk management
- Domain 2 Establishing the risk management framework
- Domain 3 Application of the risk management process
Duration: Up to 6 months
Starts: Upon Registration
Ends: After Examination
Available Platforms: Self-Paced / eLearning (please specify your preference when you register)
You'll be signed up to our PECB platform KATE where you will have access to all training procedures.
- Certification fees are included on the exam price.
- Training material containing over 300 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 21 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free.
- The training course is based on theory and best practices used in risk management.
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical examples and scenarios.
- Participants are encouraged to communicate and engage in discussions and exercises.
- The exercises are similar in structure with the certification exam questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Prerequisites
A fundamental understanding of ISO 31000 and comprehensive knowledge of risk management.
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants responsible for the effective management of risk in an organisation
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the risk management principles, framework, and process
- Individuals responsible for the creation and protection of value in their organisations
- Individuals interested in pursuing a career in risk management
How do I maintain my Certification?
PECB certifications last three years. PECB certified professionals must meet the following requirements in order to maintain their certification:
- CPDs must be submitted to PECB.
- Annual Maintenance is payable to PECB.
- Follow the PECB Code of Ethics.