This course will equip delegates with an understanding of the development and application of OHSMS techniques and how the ISO 45001:2018 standard is interpreted and implemented.
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and business benefits of an OHSMS
- Outline the structure and content of ISO 45001 and its relationship with Annex SL
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 45001 in the context of an effective OHSMS
- Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS) – introduction and key OHS concepts
- OHSMS based on ISO 45001:2018 including the Process Approach
- Key ISO 45001 requirements
- Organisational context
- OH&S Policy and Planning
- Risks and opportunities to the OHSMS
- Hazard identification and elimination and controls, operation, performance evaluation and improvement
- ISO 45001:2018 requirements including worker needs, interests and participation as well as interested parties
- Continual improvement of an OHSMS
What are the Benefits?
Attendance will enable delegates to:
- Decide how best to develop the OHSMS of their organisation and avoid common problems
- Add to their occupational health and safety management career credentials
- Understand the relevance of OHSMS standards to their organisation
- Improve OHS decision-making
- Demonstrate the competitive benefits of OHSMS standards to their own and other organisations
Delegates successfully completing the course, including examination, will be awarded a certificate.