PCI DSS Implementation Training
About the course
- Provides a deeper focus on the PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) and its implementation.
- IBITGQ accredited three-day course aimed at those who are responsible for implementing and managing the PCI DSS.
- Fully updated for the recently released PCI DSS v3.2
- Learn from anywhere
- Our Live Online option allows you to study your way, keeping travel and costs down to a minimum.
- Successful completion of the course and included exam leads PCI DSS Implementation (PCI IM) qualification and 21 CPD/CPE points.
Who should attend this course?
This course is designed for individuals responsible for implementing all or part of the technical and business requirements of the Standard, for example:
- Information security managers
- Security engineers
- IT directors
- PCI DSS project managers
This course is also suitable for consultants seeking to provide PCI implementation advice to their respective client organisations.
What does this course cover?
- Outline of payment processes
- PCI DSS Ecosphere
- Why the PCI DSS?
- Where does it apply?
- The six control objectives
- The 12 requirements
- Compliance and enforcement
- Remediation and non-compliance
- Compliance structures
- Self-assessment or audit?
- Scoping principles of the PCI DSS
- How to scope for the PCI DSS
- Scope reduction
- The 12 Requirements
- Practical implications of the PCI DSS
- Documentation and evidence
- Managing a PCI DSS project
- How to gain compliance
- The prioritised approach
- What is ‘business as usual’?
- Going beyond the PCI DSS controls
- The purpose of the PCI DSS and the requirement for protection of cardholder data.
- PCI DSS objectives and intent.
- Related PCI standards and programmes.
- Understand how PCI DSS compliance is enforced by the payment brands.
- Compliance needs for merchants and service providers. Explanation of the different levels.
- Understand how compliance to the standard must be reported by merchants and service providers.
- Overview of the 12 standard requirements.
- Technical Implementation of the requirements.
- Use of IT Governance PCI DSS Documentation Toolkit.
- Project management.
- Maintaining compliance.
- Additional considerations for: call centres, encryption, software development, mobile payments, skimming.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s included in this course?
- A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments;
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- The PCI DSS Implementation exam; and
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment do I need?
You will need a laptop for the duration of your course and exam.
Course duration and times
Day 1: 9:30am – 5:00pm
Day 2: 9:30am – 5:00pm
Day 3: 9:30am – 5:00pm / 5:30 pm - optional consultancy session.
PCI DSS Implementation Training
This three-day course, fully updated for PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) v3.2, provides a comprehensive introduction to the Standard and delivers practical guidance on all aspects of implementing a PCI DSS compliance program.
Practical guidance and real-world examples will be taught, providing attendees with a full understanding of how to implement the different aspects of a PCI programme. Day one of this course covers PCI DSS Foundation and days two and three cover the implementation.
Course Cost: €1395 (Exc VAT)